WWE’s Stomping Grounds lasted for 3 hours 17 minutes and 17 seconds (3h 17m 17s). Here is a breakdown of the timing for every single second of the show, in chronological order.
The matches are in bold. The “pre-match” segments include video packages, entrances, ring introductions, and any verbal promos that occur right before a match officially begins. The “post-match” segments include any celebrations, replays, angles, attacks, or promos that occur right after a match is finished.
PPV Timing for Stomping Grounds
|0m 00s||0m 20s||Then, Now, Forever||0m 20s|
|0m 20s||2m 14s||Opening video package||1m 54s|
|2m 14s||2m 52s||Welcome to Stomping Grounds||0m 38s|
|2m 52s||6m 38s||Pre-match: Lynch vs. Evans||3m 46s|
|6m 38s||18m 02s||Lynch vs. Evans||11m 24s|
|18m 02s||19m 52s||Post-match: Lynch vs. Evans||1m 50s|
|19m 52s||20m 54s||Ali video||1m 02s|
|20m 54s||22m 59s||Heyman & Corbin backstage||2m 05s|
|22m 59s||26m 26s||Pre-match: New Day vs. Owens & Zayn||3m 27s|
|26m 26s||37m 32s||New Day vs. Owens & Zayn||11m 06s|
|37m 32s||38m 54s||Post-match: New Day vs. Owens & Zayn||1m 22s|
|38m 54s||39m 26s||Ad for Rocket League||0m 32s|
|39m 26s||39m 46s||Ad for WWE Shop||0m 20s|
|39m 46s||40m 52s||Bliss & Cross backstage||1m 06s|
|40m 52s||44m 26s||Pre-match: Samoa Joe vs. Ricochet||3m 34s|
|44m 26s||56m 45s||Samoa Joe vs. Ricochet||12m 19s|
|56m 45s||59m 54s||Post-match: Samoa Joe vs. Ricochet||3m 09s|
|59m 54s||1h 03m 36s||Pre-match: Bryan & Rowan vs. Heavy Machinery||3m 42s|
|1h 03m 36s||1h 17m 54s||Bryan & Rowan vs. Heavy Machinery||14m 18s|
|1h 17m 54s||1h 19m 37s||Post-match: Bryan & Rowan vs. Heavy Machinery||1m 43s|
|1h 19m 37s||1h 20m 36s||Hype for Extreme Rules 2019||0m 59s|
|1h 20m 36s||1h 26m 55s||Pre-match: Bayley vs. Bliss||6m 19s|
|1h 26m 55s||1h 37m 34s||Bayley vs. Bliss||10m 39s|
|1h 37m 34s||1h 38m 54s||Post-match: Bayley vs. Bliss||1m 20s|
|1h 38m 54s||1h 39m 27s||Ad for Gold Bond||0m 33s|
|1h 39m 27s||1h 39m 59s||Hype for NXT||0m 32s|
|1h 39m 59s||1h 42m 17s||Recap of Truth crashing Maverick’s wedding||2m 18s|
|1h 42m 17s||1h 43m 12s||Ricochet & The Club backstage||0m 55s|
|1h 43m 12s||1h 43m 27s||Plug for PPV theme song||0m 15s|
|1h 43m 27s||1h 50m 26s||Pre-match: Reigns vs. McIntyre||6m 59s|
|1h 50m 26s||2h 07m 46s||Reigns vs. McIntyre||17m 20s|
|2h 07m 46s||2h 10m 27s||Post-match: Reigns vs. McIntyre||2m 41s|
|2h 10m 27s||2h 11m 35s||Hype for WWE 365: Alexa Bliss||1m 08s|
|2h 11m 35s||2h 12m 18s||Video recap of pre-show match||0m 43s|
|2h 12m 18s||2h 19m 33s||Pre-match: Kingston vs. Ziggler||7m 15s|
|2h 19m 33s||2h 39m 29s||Kingston vs. Ziggler||19m 56s|
|2h 39m 29s||2h 42m 57s||Post-match: Kingston vs. Ziggler||3m 28s|
|2h 42m 57s||2h 43m 08s||Ad for WWE Shop||0m 11s|
|2h 43m 08s||2h 43m 50s||Ad for Extreme Rules 2019||0m 42s|
|2h 43m 50s||2h 44m 56s||Handicap match booked for Raw||1m 06s|
|2h 44m 56s||2h 55m 18s||Pre-match: Rollins vs. Corbin||10m 22s|
|2h 55m 18s||3h 13m 42s||Rollins vs. Corbin||18m 24s|
|3h 13m 42s||3h 17m 17s||Post-match: Rollins vs. Corbin||3m 35s|
The eight matches combined for a total time of 1h 55m 26s. This means that 58.5% of the show was devoted to bell-to-bell action. This is the 17th highest percentage in this category out of the 90 WWE pay-per-view (PPV) events in my data set, which begins with Royal Rumble 2013.
Here is the sorted list of match times for Stomping Grounds. This also includes where each match time ranks out of all 676 matches in my data set.
- 19m 56s: Kofi Kingston vs. Dolph Ziggler (138th longest out of 676 matches)
- 18m 24s: Seth Rollins vs. Baron Corbin (164th)
- 17m 20s: Roman Reigns vs. Drew McIntyre (182nd)
- 14m 18s: Bryan & Rowan vs. Heavy Machinery (261st)
- 12m 19s: Samoa Joe vs. Ricochet (332nd)
- 11m 24s: Becky Lynch vs. Lacey Evans (368th)
- 11m 06s: New Day vs. Owens & Zayn (386th)
- 10m 39s: Bayley vs. Alexa Bliss (408th)
The pre-match segments combined for a total time of 45m 24s, which is 23.0% of the show. This is the 59th highest percentage in this category out of the 90 events in my data set.
Here is the sorted list of pre-match segment time for all eight matches. For some context, keep in mind that the median pre-match segment time in my data set is 6m 07s and the average time is 6m 29s.
- 10m 22s: Seth Rollins vs. Baron Corbin
- 7m 15s: Kofi Kingston vs. Dolph Ziggler
- 6m 59s: Roman Reigns vs. Drew McIntyre
- 6m 19s: Bayley vs. Alexa Bliss
- 3m 46s: Becky Lynch vs. Lacey Evans
- 3m 42s: Bryan & Rowan vs. Heavy Machinery
- 3m 34s: Samoa Joe vs. Ricochet
- 3m 27s: New Day vs. Owens & Zayn
Four matches received the special treatment of a dedicated video package right before superstar entrances. These four video packages combined to take up 11m 19s of the pre-match segment time. Here is the sorted list of the times for those video packages.
- 3m 11s: Roman Reigns vs. Drew McIntyre
- 2m 48s: Seth Rollins vs. Baron Corbin
- 2m 45s: Bayley vs. Alexa Bliss
- 2m 35s: Kofi Kingston vs. Dolph Ziggler
The post-match segments combined for a total time of 19m 08s, which is 9.7% of the show. This is the 43rd highest percentage in this category out of the 90 events in my data set.
Here is the sorted list of the post-match segment time for all eight matches. For some context, keep in mind that the median post-match segment time in my data set is 2m 00s and the average time is 2m 29s.
- 3m 35s: Seth Rollins vs. Baron Corbin
- 3m 28s: Kofi Kingston vs. Dolph Ziggler
- 3m 09s: Samoa Joe vs. Ricochet
- 2m 41s: Roman Reigns vs. Drew McIntyre
- 1m 50s: Becky Lynch vs. Lacey Evans
- 1m 43s: Bryan & Rowan vs. Heavy Machinery
- 1m 22s: New Day vs. Owens & Zayn
- 1m 20s: Bayley vs. Alexa Bliss
That leaves about 8.8% (17m 19s) of the show for everything else. This is the 77th highest percentage in this category out of the 90 events in my data set.
Most of these miscellaneous segments are crammed into the time after one post-match segment ends and before the next pre-match segment begins. Stomping Grounds included seven different blocks of miscellaneous segments. Here is how long each block lasted, in chronological order:
- Block 1: 2m 52s (Then Now Forever; Opening video package)
- Block 2: 3m 07s (Ali video; Backstage with Heyman & Corbin)
- Block 3: 1m 58s (Ads for Rocket League & WWE Shop; Bliss/Cross backstage)
- Block 4: 0m 59s (Hype for Extreme Rules 2019)
- Block 5: 4m 33s (Ads for Gold Bond & NXT; Maverick wedding; Ricochet/Styles backstage)
- Block 6: 1m 51s (Hype for WWE 365; Video recap of pre-show match)
- Block 7: 1m 59s (Ads for WWE Shop & Extreme Rules 2019; Handicap match on Raw)
The overall run time for Stomping Grounds was 3h 17m 17s, and this ranks 33rd longest out of all 90 events in my data set.
I’m so used to WWE extending the length of dual-brand PPV main cards towards 4 hours that the relatively brief run time of Stomping Grounds certainly stands out. The final brand-exclusive PPV was Fastlane 2018. There have been 19 WWE PPVs since then, and the run time of Stomping Grounds ranks as the second shortest of those events, with Elimination Chamber 2019 beating it out by less than a minute. The median run time for those 19 events is 3h 42m 54s, so Stomping Grounds fell short of the median length by more than 25 minutes.
Here is a listing of how much total show time was allocated for each match when you add up all 3 components: pre-match time, match time, and post-match time. This list also includes where each total time ranks among the 676 entries in my data set.
- 32m 21s: Seth Rollins vs. Baron Corbin (129th longest out of 676 entries)
- 30m 39s: Kofi Kingston vs. Dolph Ziggler (150th)
- 27m 00s: Roman Reigns vs. Drew McIntyre (196th)
- 19m 43s: Bryan & Rowan vs. Heavy Machinery (364th)
- 19m 02s: Samoa Joe vs. Ricochet (382nd)
- 18m 18s: Bayley vs. Alexa Bliss (406th)
- 17m 00s: Becky Lynch vs. Lacey Evans (448th)
- 15m 55s: New Day vs. Owens & Zayn (480th)
Now here is a look at the “Match Time Percentage” for each match. For any given match, this percentage shows how the match time compares to the combined pre-match and post-match segment time. For some context, it’s good to know that the median result here since 2013 is 61.8%.
(Here’s an example calculation: an entry with a match time of 6m 00s, pre-match time of 3m 00s, and a post-match time of 1m 00s has a score of 60.0%, because the match time of 6m 00s is 60% of the total sum of 10m 00s for all three components.)
- 72.5%: Bryan & Rowan vs. Heavy Machinery
- 69.7%: New Day vs. Owens & Zayn
- 67.1%: Becky Lynch vs. Lacey Evans
- 65.0%: Kofi Kingston vs. Dolph Ziggler
- 64.7%: Samoa Joe vs. Ricochet
- 64.2%: Roman Reigns vs. Drew McIntyre
- 58.2%: Bayley vs. Alexa Bliss
- 56.9%: Seth Rollins vs. Baron Corbin
Final Results for Stomping Grounds
Match – 58.5% – 1h 55m 26s
Pre-match – 23.0% – 45m 24s
Post-match – 9.7% – 19m 08s
Miscellaneous – 8.8% – 17m 19s