Unlike last year, WWE will be giving their cast and crew the holidays off in 2018. For New Year’s week, that means turning some regular weekend house shows into tapings. For Christmas Eve & Day, it means taping after the live broadcast of Raw and SmackDown the week prior.
Team Red did their double-dip in Sacramento, California at the Golden 1 Center on Dec. 17.
Here’s what will air next Monday, Dec. 24:
– After starting the show with a Christmas song, Elias def. Bobby Lashley in a Miracle on 34th Street Fight. Lashley took a bump onto some Legos which were dumped out of a gift box, was hit in the nuts with a bowling ball and pinned after Elias smashed him with a violin. Lio Rush ended up covered in egg nog. God bless us, everyone.
– Bobby Roode & Chad Gable def. The Revival to retain their Raw Tag titles
– Finn Bálor def. Drew McIntyre & Dolph Ziggler in a Triple Threat. Ziggler took the pin after a Coup de Grace, McIntyre tried to attack Finn and was taken out by Dolph.
– Sasha Banks, Bayley & Ember Moon def. Alicia Fox, Dana Brooke and Mickie James. The Riott Squad attacked the winners post-match.
– Paul Heyman came out to hype his client… you remember the “reigning, defending” Universal champion Brock Lesnar, right? Heyman started to sing a holiday song when #1 contender Braun Strowman came out (without a sling on his surgically repaired elbow) to menace the Advocate while vowing to win the title at Royal Rumble. Braun also either put a Santa hat or some reindeer antlers and a red nose on Heyman as part of said menacing. Reports vary
– Ronda Rousey def. Natalya via submission with an armbar to retain the Raw Women’s championship. This was said to be competitive, and the two friends hugged afterwards.
– Heath Slater def. Jinder Mahal via disqualification due to interference by the Singhs. Rhyno Claus showed up to make the save, hitting Mahal with a GORE. No word on if he made his way to the announce desk to creep out Renee Young, but gosh I hope so.
– Seth Rollins def. Baron Corbin via pinfall after a curb stomp
Sound like a present you’ll be opening next Monday?