WWE 205 Live returns to WWE Network tonight (June 25, 2019), live on Tuesday nights, with a show from the Moda Center in Portland, Oregon.
Advertised for tonight: Our first look at new Cruiserweight champ Drew Gulak’s long-promised “Better 205 Live”, and maybe Jack Gallagher’s long-awaited match with Mike Kanellis… if General Manager Drake Maverick can snap out of his 24/7 title funk and do his other job.
Come right back here at 10 p.m. ET. We’ll update all the results from 205 Live live as it airs on WWE Network below the line.
Enjoy the show!
- A dramatic recap of Drew Gulak’s Cruiserweight title win at Stomping Grounds takes us into a promo from the new champ. Akira Tozawa and Tony Nese go one on one tonight for the right to get put down by Gulak’s wrath at Extreme Rules.
- Jack Gallagher def. Mike Kanellis via pinfall after a headbutt. Maria’s man was arguing with referee Danilo Anfibio, who had just stopped counting his pin attempt on Gallagher when he saw Mike had a handful of tights. Mr. Kanellis tells his wife he’s done and leaves through the crowd, leaving a somewhat (but not very) confused looking Mrs. Kanellis to head backstage alone.
- Tony Nese yells at himself in the locker room, saying he knew what he was getting into on Sunday, but now that he has a one-on-one match against a man he respects, he’ll get his title back at Extreme Rules. Akira Tozawa is warming up, and says he had victory in his grasp Sunday. After he beats Nese, he won’t let Gulak get away again and he’ll become a two-time Cruiserweight champ.
- General Manager Drake Maverick is show backstage (and finally out of his wedding suit). He leaves a voicemail for Mike Kanellis calling him unprofessional, and saying Mike can’t blame him for his failures.
- Humberto Carrillo def. Rob Rollenbeck via pinfall after a twisting top rope splash
- After a recap of Ariya Daivari’s beatdown of Oney Lorcan, Sarah Scheiber interviews him backstage. He says Oney deserved it for putting six staples in his head and costing him a title shot. He’s starts saying Lorcan isn’t tough, and then he gets destroyed with a steel chair by a wild Oney. Up to and including when he’s dragged away, the Beantown Brawler screams likes a lunatic asking Daivari “HOW DOES IT FEEL?”
- Lucha House Party wonders if they took the Singh Bros lightly last week. Kalisto want revenge for what they did to Penelope, and Lince Dorado reveals he talked to Maverick and got a tornado tag booked for next week.
- Tony Nese def. Akira Tozawa via pinfall after a belly-to-back piledriver to earn a title match against Cruiserweight champ Drew Gulak at Extreme Rules. Typically good 205 main event. Nese offers his hand afterwards, and Tozawa accepts to pull him into a hug,