29 unique performers competed in a match on the main card of Elimination Chamber 2019.
With that in mind, let’s take a look at which performers have currently wrestled on the most consecutive pay-per-view (PPV) events as of February 2019. The only rules are that the superstar must have wrestled for more than zero seconds on the main card of the PPV (sorry, pre-show fans), brand-exclusive events will not be counted against roster members of the alternative brand, and male wrestlers will not be penalized for missing Evolution. Events in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia are omitted from this exercise.
- 18 events – Braun Strowman
- 11 events – Daniel Bryan
- 8 events – Ronda Rousey
- 5 events – Carmella, Nia Jax
- 4 events – Finn Balor
- 3 events – Kingston, Corbin, Ruby, Orton, Styles
- 2 events – Shane, Miz, Banks, IIconics, Bayley, Morgan, Mandy, Naomi, Logan, Sonya, Tamina, Lashley, Hardy, Joe
- 1 event – The Usos, Lio Rush
And here are the streaks that ended at Elimination Chamber 2019.
- 20 events – Seth Rollins
- 7 events – Charlotte Flair
- 5 events – McIntyre, Asuka
- 4 events – Cesaro, Sheamus
- 3 events – Rey Mysterio
- 2 events – Alicia, Mahal, Woods, Natalya, Ambrose, Lynch
- 1 event – Bliss, Dana, Ember, Mickie, Vega, Lacey, Cross, Candice, Shirai, Catanzaro, Sane, Maria, Ripley, Li, Lesnar, Crews, Andrade, Hawkins, Big E, Ziggler, Elias, Ali, Angle, Jose, Benjamin, Titus, Nakamura, Black, Jarrett, Gargano, Dunne
Coming out of Royal Rumble 2019, 24 different superstars had a streak of at least 2 events. 13 of those 24 streaks came to an end at Elimination Chamber.
Seth Rollins’ streak of 20 consecutive events is among those that came to an end at Elimination Chamber. The Architect’s streak began in April 2017 at WrestleMania 33, where he became the Kingslayer by defeating Triple H.
Elimination Chamber 2019 is one of the few PPV events since December 2012 that included zero total seconds of match time from the three members of The Shield. The faction debuted with a post-match attack in the main event of Survivor Series 2012, and their first official match came one month later at TLC 2012.
Since then, here are the PPVs where the Shield trio combined for less than a minute of match time on the main card:
- Royal Rumble 2013: The Shield attacked The Rock during the main event when the lights were out.
- SummerSlam 2013: Dean Ambrose fought Rob Van Dam on the pre-show, with eventual interference from Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns.
- Night of Champions 2014: Rollins won a forfeit over Reigns in a match that technically lasted 32 seconds. Reigns did not appear. Ambrose showed up afterwards and attacked Rollins.
- 7 brand-only events: Backlash 2017, Money in the Bank 2017, Battleground 2017, Hell in a Cell 2017, Clash of Champions 2017, Fastlane 2018, Evolution
Excluding those brand-only events that The Shield members were not eligible to appear on, it sure looks like Elimination Chamber 2019 was the first PPV since the Shield debuted where they collectively had no involvement whatsoever.
What do you think about this list of active streaks, Cagesiders? Which wrestler is most likely to fall off the list next month?