As the MMA universe puts the mayhem of UFC 229 in the rearview mirror, our attention shifts to UFC 230.
It has become an annual trip, the Octagon touching down at Madison Square Garden in New York, New York. The two previous trips to the Garden gave fans some of the most memorable moments in recent memory. Georges St-Pierre winning the middleweight title last year and Conor McGregor steamrolling Eddie Alvarez in 2016 come to mind. To think, one of the biggest cards of the year didn’t have a proper main event until about 10 days ago.
However, the UFC matchmakers came through in a big way as they often do at the 11th hour. Somehow, they convinced Derrick Lewis, fresh off his massive come from behind KO victory over Alexander Volkov, to challenge Daniel Cormier for the heavyweight title in the UFC 230 main event.
When Cormier vs Lewis was officially announced as the new main event, there were, of course, some ramifications. Most notably Sijara Eubanks, who had been scheduled to fight Valentina Shevchenko for the vacant flyweight title in the original feature attraction.
Now just a little over two weeks away and it appears the fight card is finalized. There are a total of 12 fights on the night.
Here is a look at the UFC 230 fight card:
UFC 230 PPV Main Card (10 p.m. ET):
- 265 lbs.: UFC Heavyweight Champion Daniel Cormier vs. Derrick Lewis
- 185 lbs.: Luke Rockhold vs. Chris Weidman
- 185 lbs.: David Branch vs. Ronaldo Souza
- 185 lbs.: Jack Marshman vs. Karl Roberson
- 185 lbs.: Israel Adesanya vs. Derek Brunson
UFC 230 Prelims on FS1 (8 p.m. ET):
- 145 lbs.: Jason Knight vs. Jordan Rinaldi
- 125 lbs.: Roxanne Modafferi vs. Sijara Eubanks
- 145 lbs.: Julio Arce vs. Sheymon Moraes
- 170 lbs.: Sultan Aliev vs. Lyman Good
UFC 230 Prelims on Fight Pass (6:30 p.m. ET):
- 155 lbs.: Matt Frevola vs. Lando Vannata
- 145 lbs.: Shane Burgos vs. Kurt Holobaugh
- 135 lbs.: Brian Kelleher vs. Domingo Pilarte
This article first appeared on BJPENN.COM on 10/18/2018.