AJ Styles beat Ricochet in a non-title match a couple weeks ago, and then a rematch saw some shenanigans before Ricochet got his win back. You know what that means!
Indeed, WWE officially announced today that Styles will challenge Ricochet for the United States at the upcoming Extreme Rules pay-per-view (PPV) scheduled for this Sun., July 14, 2019, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. They also make sure to note that Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows loom large, so expect that to be a major focal point in the story.
Here’s the updated Extreme Rules match card:
- Undertaker & Roman Reigns vs. Shane McMahon & Drew McIntyre
- Seth Rollins & Becky Lynch (c) vs. Baron Corbin & Lacey Evans (Universal and Raw women’s championship)
- Kofi Kingston (c) vs. Samoa Joe (WWE championship)
- Bayley (c) vs. Alexa Bliss (SmackDown women’s championship)
- Daniel Bryan & Rowan vs. The New Day vs. Heavy Machinery (SmackDown tag team championship)
- Drew Gulak (c) vs. Tony Nese (Cruiserweight championship)
- Aleister Black vs. TBA