Shakur Stevenson Reaches Deal in Assault Case, Charges Dropped

Share the joy


Olympic silver medal winner and rising superstar Shakur Stevenson appeared in court and managed to settle his legal issues.

Back in April, a video surfaced which showed Stevenson involved in a violent brawl at a Miami Beach parking garage.

Stevenson was arrested on July 1 of last year and charged with misdemeanor battery. He was facing three counts of misdemeanor battery and one count of felony battery.

shakur-stevenson_21

According to the police report obtained by Miami 10 in Florida, Stevenson and another boxer, David Grayton, made comments to a group of people in the garage, including two women to whom they allegedly directed sexual innuendo, which sparked the fight.

Police said paramedics treated a man and a woman at the scene for cuts and bruises.

Stevenson and Grayton fled the scene before officers arrived, the report said. The two were arrested a short time later at their hotel, the report said.

Stevenson had a cut on his lip and Grayton had cuts on his knuckles, the report said.

Stevenson was celebrating his 21st birthday with friends on South Beach.

After appearing in the court, the charges against him were dropped after a deal was made in court.

Battery charges will be dropped if he serves one year of probation and performs community service.

Stevenson already paid the victims’ medical bills.

Stevenson is scheduled to fight again on July 13th, at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey. An opponent has not been finalized at the moment.




Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *