Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The early expectation is that a team from the Raw side will win the women’s tag team championship at Elimination Chamber.
- The Revival asked for their release from WWE because they’re unhappy with how the promotion books its entire tag team division, says Pro Wrestling Sheet.
- According to Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio, The Revival’s contract doesn’t come up until April 2020, so if they aren’t released they have over a year remaining with WWE.
- Meltzer also says Akam had knee surgery that is expected to keep him out for a couple months and that’s why the Authors of Pain haven’t been on television lately.
- Shane Strickland will likely be coming to WWE soon, per the Observer.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.