Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WWE postponed another Monday night SmackDown house show so wrestlers could be available for Raw. The speculation is the Monday house shows could be phased out altogether at some point soon.
- Advertisements seem to indicate we’ll be getting Kofi Kingston vs. Kevin Owens, Seth Rollins vs. Baron Corbin, and Roman Reigns vs. Drew McIntyre at WWE Stomping Grounds.
- According to the Observer, Aleister Black isn’t going to Super ShowDown because of his tattoos, and it wasn’t his decision, though it’s unclear if the Saudis asked that he not come or if WWE made the call.
- PW Insider notes Lio Rush is still headed for NXT.
- On an Impact podcast, Josh Mathews mentioned a new TV deal for the promotion but wouldn’t get into any specifics.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.