Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- A report from Forbes says WrestleMania 35 could feature as many as 17 matches as WWE looks to fit as many wrestlers as possible on the card. They say this is to keep morale high backstage now that AEW and other companies are competing for talent.
- WrestleVotes has also heard the 17 match total, along with word “there’s a push backstage to ‘control the match count’”.
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer said the Women’s Battle Royal will return to WrestleMania this year, along with 3 – 4 other matches that hadn’t been talked about as of Raw.
- According to PW Insider, Drew McIntyre worked last weekend’s house shows and his match with Seth Rollins on Monday while dealing with an undisclosed illness.
- Aleister Black missed Raw because he and wife Zelina Vega were on a belated honeymoon.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.