Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The Wrestling Observer Newsletter notes the plan for the main event of WrestleMania 35 is to “come out of this match with a clear direction for next year’s WrestleMania.”
- It’s also noted that the idea isn’t to merge the titles but rather it’s likely they’ll announce that whoever gets pinned loses their title, be it Rousey with the Raw title or Charlotte Flair with the SmackDown title.
- Speaking of Charlotte, she is going to be promoted as “Ms WrestleMania,” with merchandise calling her that already available.
- According to the Observer, Mandy Rose was penciled in to win the Fatal 4-Way for the title shot against Asuka at WrestleMania 35 before it was scrapped in favor of putting the title on Charlotte.
- Per PW Insider, Alicia Atout finished with Impact Wrestling last week.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.