Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The decision on what match will headline WrestleMania 35 has yet to be made, says the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. The feeling does seem to be it will be a women’s match with Roman Reigns out of action.
- There’s talk the women’s Royal Rumble match could once again headline the Royal Rumble pay-per-view.
- Dana White mentioned after UFC 232 that Brock Lesnar vs. Daniel Cormier could still happen, though it’s unclear right now if it will.
- New Japan’s upcoming Tokyo Dome show is doing great in ticket sales, says the Observer. So good, in fact, that it’s expected to be the most ticket sales to a Japanese show in over 15 years.
- That site also says BJ Whitmer will likely be joining up with AEW when it launches.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!