Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The early speculation, obvious as it may be, is that WWE may be planning a title unification at WrestleMania 35 with the women’s championships.
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer mentioned that WWE is allowing Kurt Angle to choose his final opponents on the way to WrestleMania 35 and his retirement match. He was not, however, allowed to choose that opponent.
- Per TMZ, Nikki Bella is open to return to wrestling again and will remain a WWE ambassador after her recently announced retirement.
- Advertisements for Survivor Series later this year are pushing the “Raw vs. SmackDown” theme once again.
- A radio station in New York is advertising Brutus “The Barber” Beefcake for the WWE Hall of Fame this year, so the expectation is he will be announced for it next week.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.