Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- In the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, it’s noted that many “high on the food chain” in WWE have said Undertaker won’t be at WrestleMania 35 but others have played coy on it.
- PW Insider, meanwhile, is saying Undertaker is scheduled to be in town for the weekend but that may not necessarily mean he works the show.
- Per the Observer, there was apparently a plan in place at one point for Asuka vs. Mandy Rose vs. Sonya Deville for the SmackDown women’s title at WrestleMania 35.
- It’s looking likely that Lacey Evans will enter the WrestleMania Women’s Battle Royal, and don’t be surprised if she wins it.
- The WWE schedule appears to indicate they won’t be doing four shows in the same market during big events like Royal Rumble going forward.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.