Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Undertaker vs. Drew McIntyre is currently being advertised locally for SummerSlam but the Wrestling Observer Newsletter says that is not the current plan, though it is expected that Undertaker will work the show.
- WrestleVotes says anything WWE planned before hiring Paul Heyman and Eric Bischoff to run Raw or SmackDown is “subject to change” to ensure a legitimate fresh start.
- The Observer notes that after a WWE meeting on Wednesday of this week it was decided no matches would be added to Extreme Rules this weekend.
- They also say Randy Orton does have a neck injury but it’s not what is keeping him out of action right now.
- There’s been increased speculation, apparently stemming from Dave Meltzer riffing on Wrestling Observer Radio, that NXT could move to FS1 to compete directly with AEW’s TV show on TNT.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.