Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- PW Insider notes that Starrcast applied to trademark the term “Dead Man Talking,” which is likely for the event he’ll be working at Starrcast but also mentions podcasts. That led to obvious speculation he could be getting into the podcast business as well.
- Kevin Owens is expected to return as a member of the SmackDown roster.
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer mentioned that Arn Anderson was fired by WWE after repeated conflicts with Vince McMahon, including some sort of incident at a recent house show.
- He also said TJP was fired as a disciplinary measure.
- WrestleVotes is saying Honky Tonk Man and Taz could both be going into the WWE Hall of Fame this year.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.