Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Even though he’s being used in promotional material for the event, the Observer notes that WWE still doesn’t have a match planned for Undertaker at WrestleMania 35.
- While Ricochet and Aleister Black are definitely main roster call ups, Johnny Gargano’s status is now less certain after Tommaso Ciampa’s injury. He could be staying in NXT.
- Per the Observer, Jeff Jarrett is expected to become a very influential member of the WWE creative team in the future.
- The early expectation is that Kazuchika Okada will win the New Japan Cup tournament and face Jay White at the G1 Supercard.
- The Wrestling Observer Newsletter notes the feeling in Ring of Honor is that Madison Rayne simply wanted to return to Impact because it suits her better.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.