Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer mentioned one of the biggest reasons Andrade moved back to SmackDown was to avoid breaking up a couple (he’s dating Charlotte). Folks were apparently upset about it when he was switched to Raw. That’s also while Aleister Black moved to SmackDown, because he’s married to Andrade’s manager, Zelina Vega.
- For what it’s worth, there’s speculation that Charlotte and Andrade may already be engaged to be married, per TMZ. That could further explain the move back to SmackDown.
- Jeff Hardy is apparently dealing with an injury, says Dave Meltzer. It may be a leg injury.
- He also said that instead of Backlash being canceled like he previously reported, it will be held on June 23 in Tacoma, Washington.
- WWE is still protecting Drew McIntyre because there are still plans for him to get a push.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.