Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Ticket sales for Stomping Grounds are “poor”, and WrestleVotes says WWE’s talked about “shaking up the card” as a result.
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer said WWE’s taken “unheard of” steps like two-for-one tickets to get people into the Tacoma Dome for Sunday’s PPV.
- Mike & Maria Kanellis’ deals were also discussed on Observer Radio. The couple are signed for five years, which is the contract length WWE is asking everyone to sign now because they don’t want anyone leaving for AEW or elsewhere.
- At the Observer’s free site, Meltzer confirmed AAA’s report that Aerostar was okay after his scary fall at Sunday’s event. The luchador was taken to the hospital where they found no serious injuries.
- Juice Robinson is done working with Ring of Honor already, per Voices of Wrestling.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.