Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- While Shane McMahon himself hasn’t been blamed, Fightful Select has heard people backstage find Shane’s push “infuriating”, especially with the Wild Card Rule already limiting screen time.
- Fightful also says WWE has encouraged Superstars to pitch more “ambitious” ideas to creative, as they’re willing to try things they might not have tried in the past as they work to freshen up the product.
- They also report WWE’s not been “as strict or hands on” when it comes to the 24/7 title, and many backstage attribute the success of the new championship to that.
- The increased TV time for Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson lately led freelance journalist Tom Colohue and others to speculate the duo may have re-signed with WWE.
- PW Insider says Bray Wyatt was originally supposed to be in WWE Studios new family movie for Netflix. They also note that NXT’s Mauro Ranallo, Beth Phoenix and Keith Lee are set to appear in The Main Event.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.