Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Post Wrestling has word on several injuries WWE stars are dealing with as of right now. The top of that list is Seth Rollins, who is hurt enough that he’s missing house shows and not expected to wrestle again until he recovers.
- Sasha Banks apparently missed Monday Night Raw last week because she wasn’t cleared after the Ronda Rousey match at Royal Rumble. Post Wrestling says she’s expected to be cleared for tonight.
- Meanwhile, Becky Lynch missed a show to sell her injury but it’s still a work that will be used on television going forward.
- Dave Meltzer mentioned on Wrestling Observer Radio that AEW is down to two potential television partners and if they can close a deal it will likely be the best deal cut by a promotion other than WWE since WCW was on TNT in the late 90s.
- Per PW Insider, Impact Wrestling will be taping shows at the ECW Arena in May.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.