Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WrestleMania is no longer the WWE’s biggest money-making show, according to Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio. That distinction now goes to the Saudia Arabian events, for which they’re paid a guaranteed rate in advance.
- It does look like Johnny Gargano will be remaining in NXT following Tommaso Ciampa’s injury, at least in the short-term.
- It was noted on Observer Radio that Andrade vs. Rey Mysterio was the plan for WrestleMania not long ago. Meltzer also speculated Rey being booked to take the pin in the U.S. title match at the last PPV means the decision to go with Mysterio vs. Joe was made after Fastlane.
- Per PW Insider, Cody Rhodes filed trademarks on the names of Dusty creations “Battlebowl”,and “Bunkhouse Stampede”, as well as the old WCW PPV “Bash at the Beach”.
- The Observer says former CrossFit competitor and UK indie wrestler Sadie Gibbs has signed with All Elite.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.