Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Ryan Satin is now saying multiple sources told him both Sasha Banks and Bayley were “laying on the floor of the locker room” at WrestleMania 35, as well as at the hotel, and loudly making it known they were unhappy about losing the WWE women’s tag team titles. WrestleVotes mentioned hearing the same thing.
- Per the Observer, Paul Heyman and Brock Lesnar both pushed for the Universal title match to go on early at WrestleMania and that’s why it opened the show instead of the previously planned AJ Styles vs. Randy Orton open.
- Bobby Lashley recently told Sky Sports he may take time away from WWE after SummerSlam for a return fight in MMA.
- The Wrestling Observer Newsletter notes that Road Dogg stepped down as co-head writer on SmackDown because he was frustrated working long hours and then having the show rewritten by Vince McMahon the day of the show.
- The word going around is that the AEW television show will either air on Wednesday or Thursday night. TNT remains the most talked about network partner.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.