Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- There’s still talk that Becky Lynch will enter the women’s Royal Rumble match, and maybe win to set up a title match with Ronda Rousey at WrestleMania 35, per the Observer.
- Seth Rollins is an early favorite to win the men’s Royal Rumble match, as he’s still planned to wrestle Brock Lesnar for the Universal championship at WrestleMania 35.
- According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Kenny Omega has already turned down the offer WWE made him. He’ll be signing with AEW as soon as he’s able to come Feb. 1.
- They also say a lot of wrestlers are getting the best contracts of their career thanks to AEW, ROH, NJPW, and WWE being as competitive as they’ve been in some time, at least as far as competing for talent.
- PW Insider is saying WWE cancelled a planned house show in Tucson on Jan. 28 due to “production issues.”
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!