Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to Fightful, Ronda Rousey was unhappy when she went backstage at WrestleMania 35, though it’s unclear exactly why.
- They also say the referee for that match, Rod Zapata, was fined for counting Rousey’s shoulders down before they were actually down.
- Ryan Satin mentioned a source telling him Dean Ambrose isn’t leaving WWE while another said he’s already setting up bookings on the independent circuit.
- For whatever it’s worth, Ambrose is still advertised for dates with WWE through the end of April.
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer mentioned Hiroshi Tanahashi has an elbow injury and he will be out for a while.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.