Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The speculation is the angle with Drew McIntyre injuring Roman Reigns and, later, Dean Ambrose on Raw was to heat him up for a match with Reigns at WrestleMania 35.
- WrestleVotes notes it’s possible Finn Balor lost the Intercontinental title to Bobby Lashley because WWE has something bigger planned for him at WrestleMania.
- Wrestling Inc notes the speculation is that the recent NXT call-ups will be assigned a brand in the Superstar Shakeup after WrestleMania.
- Per Fightful, WWE reached a deal with Eminem for an appearance on SmackDown later this year on FOX. He’ll apparently contribute to the WWE 2K20 soundtrack as well.
- Having said that, Pro Wrestling Sheet has a note from Eminem’s spokesperson denying any deal has been made.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.