Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WWE was going to have Natalya turn on Ronda Rousey for a feud between the two but Jim Neidhart’s death made them change their minds, according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.
- They also say the storyline involving Shane McMahon and fallout of his World Cup win are still going to happen, it just won’t be until the start of 2019.
- John Cena has been added to even more WWE shows early next year. He’s expected back for the run up to Royal Rumble.
- Per the Observer, the brand split will remain in effect when SmackDown moves to FOX because FOX doesn’t want to cross promote with a rival network.
- Hiromu Takahashi may never be able to return to the ring, per the latest on his condition from the Observer.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!