Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The Observer notes that WWE is keeping the mystery referee for the Seth Rollins-Baron Corbin match at Stomping Grounds a secret until the day of the show to increase interest.
- That match, by the way, is expected to be the main event of that show.
- In the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, it’s noted that Rusev has been gone because he asked for time off.
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer noted that there were multiple wrestlers going by “Jr” in NXT and when Vince McMahon found out he had them get new names.
- Kevin Eck noted that a fourth member of Villain Enterprises will likely be revealed on June 28 or 29, and a former ROH tag team champion will be returning that weekend as well.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.