Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Some of the backstage heat on Lio Rush is due to his insisting on having his wife with him at all times, according to Fightful. The site also said he Rush “responded unfavorably” when Finn Balor tried to explain to him that Vince McMahon wouldn’t like her sitting in on rehearsals.
- The roster has wanted Rush out of the locker room for a while now, per Fightful, whose source said Lio will “be very lucky to be back on the main roster any time soon, if ever.”
- WWE no longer plans to have a TakeOver on June 8 in San Jose, says Wrestling Observer. There should be a new plan for the next one by Wednesday’s NXT tapings at Full Sail.
- An image floating around showing the line-up for a NXT ladder match at Money in the Bank has fans talking about an unprecedented third briefcase being introduced at next month’s PPV.
- There were plans at one point to have Naomi and a partner challenge The IIconics for the Women’s Tag Team Championship, per Tom Colohue. His source told him some backstage were advocating for Dana Brooke to be that partner.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.