Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Regarding yesterday’s rumor about Vince McMahon being concerned about stars leaving, don’t be surprised if this means McMahon will throw a lot of money at Brock Lesnar or Ronda Rousey to stick around past WrestleMania 35.
- Seth Rollins’ back has been injured since before Royal Rumble, per Wrestling Observer Radio. He could wrestle now, but WWE is resting him so he can be as close to 100% as possible for WrestleMania.
- Dave Bautista isn’t interested in wrestling for anyone but WWE, according to Wrestling Observer Newsletter. It’s possible a match between him and Triple H could still happen at this year’s WrestleMania.
- Kofi Kingston’s booking in last Tuesday’s gauntlet match was the same as what was planned for Mustafa Ali, says WrestleVotes. They add there’s “an opportunity” for Kingston now because of how well received his performance was by fans and management.
- Kushida is at the Performance Center, according to the Observer, and is essentially part of the latest signing class, but WWE wants to keep it a secret for now.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.