Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WWE is reaching out to legends about doing something over WrestleMania 35 weekend, and Stone Cold Steve Austin’s name is being thrown around, per PW Insider.
- WrestleVotes is saying WWE is indeed “reconsidering” doing Baron Corbin vs. Kurt Angle because they don’t want a negative feel to his last match.
- Per the Observer, original plans called for John Cena vs. Samoa Joe and Rey Mysterio vs. Andrade at WrestleMania 35 but late changes led to Joe vs. Mysterio and Andrade and Cena without a clear direction.
- Undertaker and Michelle McCool were recently at the Performance Center, says PW Insider. He may still be planned for WrestleMania 35 or the Saudi Arabia show.
- Matt Hardy has been pushing the idea of using a new gimmick to WWE, according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.