Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Chris Jericho wants a match with Brock Lesnar, says the Observer, and that’s what his recent tweets (since deleted) were all about. It’s not expected to happen, considering Vince McMahon will likely pay whatever it takes to keep Lesnar in WWE.
- According to PW Insider, WWE officials were meeting with wrestlers at SmackDown this week to try to sign new deals for anyone whose contract is up in under two years.
- On his podcast, Dinner with the King, Jerry Lawler claimed there is or was real heat between Nia Jax and R-Truth for how she knocked him face first into the wall at Royal Rumble.
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer mentioned New Japan Pro Wrestling isn’t happy with AEW for signing Trent Baretta.
- There was some “grumbling among talents” within Impact after the company announced moving the April 7 event publicly without letting them know first, says PW Insider.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.