Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Bryan Alvarez said on Wrestling Observer Live that WWE social media has been told not to feature Hulk Hogan going forward, but he will return at some point.
- Sports Illustrated notes that the Kurt Angle vs. Drew McIntyre match on Raw this week was put together by Angle and Vince McMahon.
- Chris Jericho was apparently paid $100,000 for doing Greatest Royal Rumble earlier this year, according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.
- Josh Barnett and Jim Ross are out as the New Japan AXS announcing crew, says the Observer. Ross is apparently a free agent next April with his WWE deal coming up soon.
- They also say AXS will announce their wrestling plans on television in 2019 sometime next week.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!