Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- It was said on Wrestling Observer Radio that Luke Harper’s WWE contract is up in November. Dave Meltzer described his publicly requesting his release as “an interesting strategy”, but it’s not clear how WWE will respond yet.
- Sasha Banks is “booked” for WWE’s Money in the Bank PPV on May 19, according to Meltzer, but they don’t know if she’ll be back.
- Sheamus and Daniel Bryan are out with injuries, per PW Insider. Bryan’s came at WrestleMania, and “the nature of the situation has been closely guarded.”
- PW Insider reports War Raiders’ name was going to be changed to The Bezerkers, but it was switched to The Viking Experience before their call-up. Meltzer says it was completely Vince McMahon’s call to make the change.
- Bully Ray and Joey Mercury are “gaining influence” backstage at Ring of Honor, according to Fightful, while long-time booker Delirious’ “creative input has decreased”.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.