Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Daniel Bryan was going to get a rematch against Kofi Kingston at Money in the Bank but his injury caused the change to Kevin Owens and the speeding up of his heel turn.
- WWE is doing more focus group work than ever in an attempt to figure out why ratings and live show business is down, says the WON.
- Per the Observer, Nikki Cross will be a member of the Raw roster and it’s likely her husband, Killian Dain, will join her.
- They’re also saying the B-Team have been moved to the SmackDown brand, and no decision has been made regarding Sheamus.
- SI is saying Dean Malenko has quit WWE.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.