Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Having Vince McMahon push Charlotte Flair into the WrestleMania main event isn’t based on real world resentment of how Flair is booked, Dave Meltzer said on Wrestling Observer Radio, it’s been the plan from “a long time back”.
- Kevin Owens is being brought back as a babyface, according to Observer Radio. Contrary to previous reports, he might get a match at ‘Mania, too.
- Dave Bautista met with WWE officials in Connecticut last Thursday, says PW Insider.
- WWE Hall of Fame announcement should start coming out after Elimination Chamber, a source told Insider.
- That site also says WWE is considering using Candice LeRae on main roster house shows. It wouldn’t an official call up, but could be a step toward one.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.