Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- It’s looking more and more that “John Cena’s return to television” is what was originally reported back in November. He’s around until his next movie starts filming on Jan. 20 and will work whatever televised dates he can until leaving, but that’s it right now.
- On the subject of Drew McIntyre and Finn Balor’s rumored pushes, Wrestling Observer Radio said WWE is focusing on Finn this month and Drew next month.
- The previously rumored plan that Lars Sullivan would be the subject of a bidding war between Raw and SmackDown looks to have been dropped with the McMahons running both brands.
- There don’t appear to be plans to call Undisputed Era up from NXT in the near future, based on talk started by a Dave Meltzer tweet saying their Garden debut shouldn’t be seen as preparation for the main roster.
- SmackDown’s crowd noise was heavily edited this week, says PW Torch. The Fresno crowd thinned out and those who remained were “exhausted” for the second taping.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!