Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Brock Lesnar has been invited to fight Daniel Cormier for the UFC heavyweight championship this summer but he hasn’t made up his mind, according to the Rod Pedersen blog.
- There’s a graphic going around listing Ricochet, Rey Mysterio, Cesaro, Drew McIntyre, Aleister Black, Andrade, and Lars Sullivan for the men’s Money in the Bank ladder match.
- Dave Meltzer mentioned on Wrestling Observer Radio that WWE was planning a Luke Harper vs. Sami Zayn feud this year when they both returned but obviously those plans changed.
- Per the Observer, WWE isn’t running any house shows this weekend because they were originally going to run Saudi Arabia on May 3 and wanted to give the wrestlers time off before the flight out.
- It’s expected Gail Kim’s match against Tessa Blanchard this weekend will be her last.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.