Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Bryan Alvarez noted on Wrestling Observer Live that a lot of people in WWE saw the email advertisements for Eric Bischoff on SmackDown Live next week and didn’t know what was going on, as the show wasn’t even pitched yet.
- Dave Meltzer followed up to say it wasn’t supposed to be released like that and it’s at least possible Vince McMahon gets Bischoff for the show.
- WWE canceled some shows in November, and the Wrestling Observer Newsletter notes it could be to account for the next show in Saudi Arabia.
- It’s almost a lock at this point that AEW’s television show will air on Wednesday nights from 8-10 pm, per the Observer.
- With LAX’s contracts coming up soon, the word going around is both AEW and WWE are interested in signing them to deals.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.