Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Dave Bautista was already spotted in Pittsburgh, says PW Insider, so he is expected to make his promoted appearance on Raw this week.
- According to Tom Colohue, a freelancer who contributes to Pro Wrestling Torch and elsewhere, Bray Wyatt is still on “creative hiatus” and his return is “probably the most closely guarded secret in WWE”.
- There’s a (probably slight) chance Saudi Arabia will allow women to wrestle at WWE’s shows there this year. That hope is part of why the company hasn’t made plans for a 2019 Evolution event yet, according to Wrestling Observer, as WWE would then hype that the kind of major breakthrough an all women PPV was last year.
- The Observer also confirmed reports the second Saudi show this year will be in November, and says WWE has cut low attendance European shows to account for their trips to the KSA.
- On his podcast, Jerry Lawler hinted he wouldn’t be hosting this year’s WWE Hall of Fame ceremony, likely as part of their efforts to change up the event.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.