Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Dave Meltzer mentioned on Wrestling Observer Radio that backstage at Raw this week was “extremely disorganized” and things were getting changed a lot as the show was going.
- He also seemed to indicate Drew McIntyre will take Elias’ spot in the program Roman Reigns is running with Shane McMahon.
- AEW is still interested in signing Dean Ambrose, says the Observer, but it’s not likely he’ll appear at Double or Nothing.
- Per PW Insider, Rey Mysterio was spotted in Birmingham, Alabama, and that’s likely to get his shoulder looked at. Word is he separated it in his match against Samoa Joe at Money in the Bank.
- They also say WWE will continue trying things to give the third hour of Raw a distinct look and feel going forward. This is an attempt to keep viewers from tuning out after the first two hours.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.