Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio, Sasha Banks has been given time off to figure out what she wants to do. WWE hopes she comes back.
- The Viking Experience appear to be in for a big push right away, possibly including a tag team title shot at Zack Ryder & Curt Hawkins.
- Luke Harper hasn’t been granted his release from WWE, says the Observer. It seems to be heading that way, however.
- WWE itself noted there are rumors of Akam returning from injury soon and the Authors of Pain coming back to television.
- Pro Wrestling Sheet notes Alexander Wolfe could be moving back down to NXT.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.