Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Dean Ambrose is friends with Chris Jericho and Cody Rhodes, says Dave Meltzer of Wrestling Observer Radio, so All Elite Wrestling sounds like a possible landing place for Ambrose.
- It’s possible WWE could “freeze” Ambrose’s contract for the time he was out injured, but Meltzer doesn’t think that will happen since the company already announced he was leaving in April.
- When word of the amount Chris Jericho’s contract with AEW reached WWE locker rooms, Oberver Radio says people were “stunned”. While not as big as someone like John Cena’s deal, it’s said to be on the upper-end of the WWE payscale.
- Which would explain why on PW Insider Elite Audio, Mike Johnson said there was “a buzz of activity backstage at SmackDown” as WWE officials pulled everyone with two years or less aside and talked to them about signing longer contracts.
- Again from Observer Radio: after working WrestleMania and the next Saudi Arabia show, Meltzer speculates that Paul Heyman will negotiate with AEW, UFC and WWE for Brock Lesnar’s next deal.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.