Rachael Ostovich’s husband charge reclassified to felony assault

Share the joy


Rachael Ostovich’s husband, who is being accused of attacking her and causing major injuries, is out on bond.

Arnold Berdon, who is also an MMA fighter, had his charge reclassified to second-degree assault — a felony — on Friday, a Honolulu Police Department spokesperson confirmed with MMA Fighting. When Berdon was arrested Tuesday, he was originally charged with second-degree attempted murder. Berdon was released Friday on $75,000 bond, per the spokesperson.

Berdon, 27, is being accused of attacking Ostovich, a UFC fighter, following an argument in the early morning hours of last Sunday morning at their home in the Waianae area of Honolulu County. Ostovich was hospitalized, treated for a broken orbital and released Sunday. The injuries forced her out of a scheduled fight with Paige VanZant on the UFC’s ESPN+ debut card Jan. 19 in Brooklyn.

Ostovich filed a petition for a temporary restraining order against Berdon and it was granted earlier this week. The temporary restraining order also includes the 5-year-old daughter they have together. The order says Berdon is not able to legally get within 100 feet of Ostovich or his daughter until May 18, 2019.

In that petition, Ostovich wrote that Berdon punched her “repeatedly on the head, face, ribs, making me fall to the ground,” according to a report from TMZ. She said she coughed up blood, threw up several times and ended up with a cracked orbital bone. Ostovich added that Berdon had abused her previously, including a May 6 incident in which he allegedly punched her legs repeatedly, leaving bruises.

TMZ reported that Berdon’s family members told the outlet that Berdon plans to defend himself, arguing that he was defending himself in the situation.




Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *