Night 1 of the NJPW G1 Climax 29 kicks off tonight live from Dallas, Texas.
The show will feature the first tournament matches from the A-Block and will see the best of the best clash to see who gets the ever important first victory and two points in the NJPW G1 Climax.
The show will feature the debut of KENTA in NJPW, who will be looking to prove to a lot of people that WWE made a huge mistake in not pushing him. Kota Ibushi will be a very tough test, but I venture to guess that we will be seeing the rebirth of KENTA tonight.
In the main event, we will see Kazuchika Okada take on his long-time rival and now friend, Hiroshi Tanahashi. Tanahashi and Okada have had one of the most legendary feuds of the last 20 years, and you can expect them to add another impressive match to their collection tonight.
The battle of the Ace vs. the Rainmaker happens once again! Who will come out on top? Stick with us here at Daily DDT for all the live coverage and news on the show. Check back right here for the results as the show airs. For US residents, the show can be viewed on AXS TV, and for international viewers, it can be seen on NJPW World, as normal. The replay will be added for all viewers after the show airs.
Full Card (w/ my predictions for the block matches):
- Ropongi 3K (SHO & YOH) (CHAOS) w/ Rocky Romero vs. Guerillas of Destiny (Tanga Loa & Tama Tonga) (Bullet Club)
- Shota Umino & Tomohiro Ishii (CHAOS) vs. Ren Narita & Jeff Cobb
- CHAOS (YOSHI-HASHI & Hirooki Goto) vs. Bullet Club (Chase Owens & Jay White
- Jushin Thunder Liger, Juice Robinson, & Toru Yno (CHAOS) vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (BUSHI, Shingo Takagi, & Tetsuya Naito)
A Block Matches
Prediction: Will Ospreay
- EVIL (Los Ingobernables de Japon) vs. Bad Luck Fale (Bullet Club)
Prediction: Bad Luck Fale
- SANADA (Los Ingobernables de Japon) vs. Zack Zabre Jr. (Suzuki-gun)
Prediction: Zack Sabre Jr.
- Kazuchika Okada (CHAOS) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi
Prediction: Kazuchika Okada