Former world champion Jeff Horn was not impressed by the recent performance by Keith Thurman.
Last Saturday night, Thurman returned to the ring for the first time in nearly two years.
He won a harder than expected twelve round unanimous decision over Josesito Lopez at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.
A few years back, Thurman downplayed the abilities of Horn – when he was the WBO welterweight champion.
Horn would eventually lose the WBO world title last year, when he was stopped by Terence Crawford in Las Vegas.
While Thurman called for a fight with Manny Pacquiao, Horn doubts that he wants to go in that direction. Horn himself is chasing down a rematch with Pacquiao, who lost a controversial decision to the Australian boxer back in 2017.
Horn is now looking to secure the biggest fight possible.
“I think Thurman’s last fight was sloppy, However, I do think there was a lot of rust to be taken off. I didn’t see anything about Thurman that would worry me. Of course, I would like to fight Pacquiao again but I don’t think he wants anything to do with that. Basically, I am chasing a big fight. I feel like I need a challenge to show the best of myself,” Horn told Forbes.
“I remember him saying no one is worried about Jeff Horn. I could say that about him now.”
Horn’s promoter, Dean Lonergan, would like to see his fighter stick around at 154-pounds or the middleweight limit of 160 – instead of dropping back down in weight to the welterweight limit of 147.
Horn moved up in weight in November, for a catch-weight bout with Australian rival Anthony Mundine, and blew him away in less than half a round.
“I like him at junior middleweight or middleweight,” Lonergan said.