Ion Cutelaba injured, out of UFC Brooklyn fight with Glover Teixeira

Share the joy


Ion Cutelaba is out of his UFC Brooklyn fight with Glover Teixeira due to injury, he announced on his social media following a report by ESPN.

Teixeira is hoping to remain on the card against another opponent, sources told MMA Fighting, but it’s unclear if the promotion will be able to find a light heavyweight to compete at the Barclays Center on Jan. 19.

If no one steps up, Teixeira is willing to face Cutelaba at a later event, sources said. On his social media, Cutelaba said it will take a month for him to recover.

Teixeira (27-7) hasn’t fought since a decision loss to Corey Anderson in July. He had two fights cancelled since then, the other one being a clash with Jimi Manuwa at UFC Sao Paulo in September.

Cutelaba (14-3, 1 no-contest) stopped his last opponents in the opening round in the UFC, knocking out Gadzhimurad Antigulov and Luis Henrique da Silva to bring his UFC record up to 3-2.

UFC’s first Fight Night event will air on ESPN+, headlined by Henry Cejudo vs. T.J. Dillashaw for the flyweight gold. The card suffered another blow on Thursday after John Lineker was forced out of the card with an injury.





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *