• The Hoosiers improve to 5-10 overall for the season.
• The win for the Hoosiers is their second win over a ranked opponent this season. Indiana beat then No. 12 North Carolina at the South Beach Duals.
• Elijah Oliver ended the dual for the Hoosiers with a pin with 18 second left in the second period. It was the 21st victory of the season for Oliver.
• Oliver and Bryce Martin earned bonus points for the Hoosiers. Martin improved to 6-2 in Big Ten dual matches with an 11-2 major decision.
• Jake Danishek earned his second win over a ranked opponent with decision over No. 18 Dominick Manderino.
• Norman Conley was tied 3-3 at the end of the third period and got a takedown to win in sudden victory, 5-3.
• Prior to the match the Hoosiers hosted a free youth clinic that brought over 250 kids to Wilkinson Halll.
IU Head Coach Angel Escobedo
“It was a great environment and there were great battles out there. Up and down the lineup we competed with a lot of heart and really performed. I’ve been telling them don’t just compete, go out there and perform. Put on a performance and keep the fans coming back. We did a great job tonight.”
Up next the Hoosiers travel to Iowa for a match on Feb. 15 and go to Minnesota on Feb. 17.
133: Indiana wins by forfeit (IU 6, Stanford 0)
141: Kyle Luigs (IU) dec. Brandon Kier (Stanford) 7-2 (IU 9, Stanford 0)
149: #15 Requir Van Der Merwe (Stanford) dec. Fernie Silva (IU) 3-1 (IU 9, Stanford 3)
157: Jake Danishek (IU) dec. #18 Dominick Manderino (Stanford) 9-7 (IU 12, Stanford 3)
165: Bryce Martin (IU) maj. dec. Paul Fox (Stanford) 11-2 (IU 16, Stanford 3)
174: Jake Covaciu (IU) dec. Rico Stormer (Stanford) 3-2 (IU 19, Stanford 3)
184: Norman Conley (IU) dec. Colbey Harlan (Stanford) (SV-1 5-3) (IU 22, Stanford 3)
197: #9 Nathan Traxler (Stanford) maj. dec. Jake Kleimola (IU) 11-3 (IU 22, Stanford 7)
285: Fletcher Miller (IU) dec. David Showunmi (Stanford) (IU 25, Stanford 7)
125: Elijah Oliver (IU) Fall #20 Gabriel Townsell (Stanford) 6:52 (IU 31, Stanford 7)
Indiana 1-point conduct penalty