• The Hoosiers fell behind 13-0 as North Carolina won the first four bouts of the dual match.
• Senior Jake Danishek pinned Josh McClure to get the Hoosiers six points.
• The Hoosiers tied the dual 13-13 with a major decision, 18-5, by Jake Cavaciu.
• Indiana took their first lead of the dual with a 3-2 decision by Norman Conley to put Indiana up 16-13.
• Jake Kleimola put Indiana up 19-13 with a 4-1 decision.
• Indiana improves to 3-3 overall and North Carolina drops to 3-2.
• The Hoosiers last ranked win came February 19, 2017 against #20 Appalachian State, 21-12. Prior to that it was against #20 Minnesota on December 11, 2015.
• The last top-15 win for Indiana came on Feb. 25, 2008 when the No. 21 Hoosiers beat No. 10 Northwestern, 24-14.
• Jake Danishek won his 12th match of the season and got his fourth pin of the season. Danishek has won his last five matches.
• Norman Conley’s 3-2 decision came against returning All-American and #11 Chip Ness.
• Bryce Martin has won five of his last six matches and improves to 11-4 on the season and 4-2 in dual matches.
• Martin and Danishek are a combined 8-4 in dual matches.
• Jake Covaciu won his first dual match at Indiana with an 18-5 major decision. Covaciu a two-time Indiana State Champion, transferred from Wisconsin.
Up next the Hoosiers continue dual action tomorrow against #8 Cornell, #7 North Carolina State and #20 North Dakota State.
125: Joe Heilmann (UNC) dec. Liam Cronin (IU) 7-6
133: Gary Wayne Harding (UNC) MD Paul Konrath (IU) 15-7
141: AC Headlee (UNC) dec. #16 Cole Weaver (IU) 2-1
149: Austin O’Connor (UNC) dec. Breyden Bailey (IU) 7-4
157: Jake Danishek (IU) Fall Josh McClure (UNC) 6:23
165: Bryce Martin (IU) dec. Sawyer Davidson (UNC) 5-2
174: Jake Covaciu (IU) MD Will MacDonald (UNC) 18-5
184: Norman Conley (IU) dec. #11 Chip Ness (UNC) 3-2
197: Jake Kleimola (IU) dec. Hunter Queen (UNC) 4-1
285: #15 Cory Daniel (UNC) dec. Rudy Streck (IU) 8-2