Hearn: Luis Ortiz Was The First Name Anthony Joshua Gave Me

Share the joy


Anthony Joshua’s debut fight in the United States could be in doubt after his promoter confirmed that Jarrell Miller failed a doping test.

Eddie Hearn says in a Twitter post that Joshua’s camp had been informed by the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association that there was an adverse finding in a sample collected from Miller on March 20.

Hearn says “we are working with all relevant parties and will update with more details soon.”

joshua-ortiz_1

Salita Promotions, which represents Miller, said Wednesday it was obtaining more information about VADA’s finding and “will have more to say soon on this developing situation.”

Joshua, who holds the WBA, IBF, WBO and IBO belts, is scheduled to fight Miller on June 1 at Madison Square Garden.

During the promotional tour for the fight, Miller said both fighters had agreed to between 10 and 12 weeks of drug testing in the buildup to the bout.

When Hearn informed Joshua about the situation with Miller, he says the unified champion names Luis Ortiz was the first name his boxer requested.

‘[Ortiz] was the first name he gave me last night. I called him and just said, ‘mate, I’ve got terrible news, Miller’s failed a drug test’. He didn’t even sound that surprised. He said, ‘Okay, who’s next?’ ‘I asked who he wanted and he said absolutely anyone, no problem,” Hearn told IFL TV.

Because of the amount of tickets that were sold, and 10,000 British fans heading over to the card, there is no discussion regarding a new date being set.

“We haven’t talked about a new date. We’ve sold 17,000 tickets with 10,000 Brits flying out, so we’ll deliver,” Hearn said.

According to Hearn, there are several possible replacements and they would love Ortiz to be the guy.

 “Love that fight, that is an ideal scenario,” Hearn said. “That is a big fight. My feeling from their team is he won’t be ready.”




Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *